[Empeg-general] Re: Turn On/Off Thump

Ezekiel@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org Ezekiel@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 01:37:00 GMT

My second post was completely wrong.  The orange crimp on the sled is OK (the socket was moving away from my test lead when I wiggled).

No, Tony, the red is the switched lead for the Kenwood CD/radio (not CB) and it also has a yellow full-time power wire, which is hooked up with the empeg's to the full time from the harness.  It thumps even when I cut the red radio lead out entirely.

Needless to say I'm  pretty frustrated, and here's the weird bit:  I can remove the car's fuse which is for the empeg's switched lead when the keys are in position two.  The empeg shuts down gracefully (into sleep mode) and no thump.  If I use the keys to turn off the switched lead, thump & the unit quits hard (display right out & no LED).  All I can figure is a spike is going through when I use the keys. My multimeter doesn't pick anything up, but it's pretty slow (digital).

Does anybody have a suggestion for a good cap value to try to test my spike theory?

-Zeke

just say you weren't paying much attention...