[Empeg-general] Re: Turn On/Off Thump

Rob Voisey rob@empeg.com
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 11:11:00 GMT

_I crimped the radio's switched power lead (red)in with the amp turn on lead (blue)._

You should be very careful doing things like this, as the switched power lead is not intended to supply any significant current (I believe it's fused at 1A).  Since it's the accessory input to the radio it MIGHT not take much current, but some head units actually power up through the switched input and only use the permanant power feed to preserve memory.

Have you checked the current rating for that power line on your CD head?

Hugo will probably have to think about the thump problem - if it didn't do it originally, and now it does it after returning the configuration to the original state, SOMETHING must have changed.

Rob