[Empeg-general] Re: Turn On/Off Thump

Ezekiel@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org Ezekiel@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 14:47:00 GMT

Mike,

You wrote:
"And yet, the empeg shuts off abruptly when the car drops power on the accesory lead and I get a thump as a result. If I physically remove power from the accesory lead the empeg shuts down gracefully as expected."
 This is precisely the behavior I observed.

You also wrote:
"...the empegs memory appears to get cleared when it shuts off with a thump. I lose my playlist or position in the playlist as well as fader and equalizer settings."

This also happened on my unit when the player dropped after a keyswitch with a thump.

Repeatability is a wonderful thing.

My vehicle is a 99 Subaru Forrester S that came equipped with (HA!) "premium sound package"  (radio/tape head and single CD player slave).

-Zeke

just say you weren't paying much attention...