[Empeg-general] Re: Equaliser

Douglas Burnside burnside@alaska.net
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 03:07:00 GMT

> don't be scared to screw around with the simple EQ settings and see what happens.

Nicely said, Rob.

I, on the other hand, have to live in three different worlds...  I have one EQ pre-set designed to impress IASCA judges; another designed to maximize my score on an RTA meter; and a third designed to please my own particular tastes.  These tastes have no doubt been defined by "what I'm used to hearing", in this case a relatively inexpensive Panasonic CD player that was unusually high in mid-range 200-2000Hz frequencies.  As a result, even though the flat response of the empeg is probably more accurate, I nonetheless distort the empeg's sound with the equalizer to make it sound like what I like to hear.

Unless you are competing and thus have to please other people rather than yourself, this last method is definitely the best way to go.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"