[Empeg-general] Re: FM Tuner - When?

Paul Haigh phaigh@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:59:00 GMT

I would definitely be interested in the DAB tuner.

I've just bought the Arcam DAB home tuner, and it is simply amazing - the quality of the stations is unbelievable.

According to the Arcam book though - 256Kbps is the maximum bit rate - have they changed the spec to 320 now?  I didn't find a station transmitting at more than 192Kbps in my area.

As the number of services grows over the next two years - this will become a premium addition to the empeg product - especially if the software is even 1/2 as good as the arcam stuff.

Paul.

Paul Haigh, Reg. 4120
(mk1)  6GB, Blue, 00254
(mk2) 12GB, Red, 00357