[Empeg-general] Re: Backing up MP3's off Empeg

Tony Fabris tfabris@jps.net
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 17:11:00 GMT

> Actually I think he's referring to the fact that the guy says he doesn't want to have to keep 36GB of his MP3s duplicated on his PC, but yet he's bitching about the lack of support to backup the MP3s on his empeg.

I'm not sure I understand you... Did you mean to say what I said in my original reply to this thread:

"Seems to me that if you've already got them on your PC's hard drive, then that qualifies as a backup. And if you deleted them from your PC because you were out of space, then how would a copy-files-back-off-of-the-empeg feature help you anyway? The Empeg can't magically make the files any smaller, so they can't solve your storage problems for you. Seems to me that backing up your MP3 files is up to you and your PC."

Is that what you meant?

<A HREF="http://www.jps.net/tfabris" target="_new">Tony Fabris</A>_