[Empeg-general] Re: Can't Display Track Time

gb14772@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org gb14772@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 21:26:00 GMT

My track times are "0:00", they just don't work.  I'll have to experiment more to ensure that this is restricted only to VBR files.  Most of my VBR files were created with AudioCatalyst (at least the ones with 0:00 times).

I can undertand that total track time for a VBR file won't be terribly accurate, as it would need to predict the effective average bit rate for the encoding.  WinAmp does this dynamically.  My problem is the elapsed time is just zero.  This shouldn't be a function of the bit rate at all, or at least it need not be, it's just a simple tick counter from the start of a track.

I think the display I am using is Info:Line or something like that.  Track name scrolls at the bottom and elapsed time counter is at the bottom right corner.

-gbeck

#080000480
18GB Red, Waiting for Amber screen...