[Empeg-general] Re: Backing up MP3's off Empeg

Steve Schow sjs@bstage.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:36:32 -0700

Exactly.  Seems like if the Empeg did an ENCRYPTED backup of some kind in a
proprietary format...it would not be breaking the laws they're trying to
avoid.  Just a thought. A way to stream an encrypted data stream of 36+ GB
out to whatever device might be connected to the PC where the Empeg is
docked.  Could be a SCSI device, tape device, etc.  Whatever.  The point
is...encrypted....so nobody could make sense out of it except for the
Emplode software....

0-steve