[Empeg-general] Re: Backing up MP3's off Empeg

Dragi Raos draos@4mate.hr
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 06:01:00 GMT

I recall Hugo promised us a means to backup playlists, but not tunes (I am not sure whether it included EQ presets etc); the restore utility was supposed to be able to find tunes on backup medium (say, CDR) even if original directory structure was not maintained. (That way, we just backup tunes from PC when ripped, and bacup the playlist structure separately, from the empeg.) What happened to that?

As to filetaxi (I used laptop for that previously), I think ftp does the job nicely, without exposing empeg to legal risks too much. Finally, is it rather simple to transfer both tunes and info files (*1 fids) using ftp, then rename them and fill ID3 tags using a fairly simple script. So, even ability to transfer tunes back is there.

Anyway, I would really like to see the promised 'backup everything but tunes' feature sooner rather than later.

Cheers!

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos
Zagreb, Croatia
Q#5196, MkII#80000376, 18GB green