[Empeg-general] Re: Ordering from The Netherlands, VAT?

Rob Schofield somewhereth@sflat
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:11:00 GMT

...any trading entity legally recognised within the EU (Ltd, Plc, {UK} NV, BV, Eenmanzaak {NL}, others such as SA {F}) that is registered in one member state of the EU. I am entitled to VAT exemeption on either my Ltd in yUK or my BV in NL.

It's not a good idea to think about trying to avoid BTW/VAT on private purchases, as the government where you reside usually has deeper legal fund pockets than you - and it's breaking the law anyway.

(And YES, I am a scaredy puss {"Waatje!"}, having read the rules and discovered what they can do to company directors who either break the law themselves or allow their employees to - *ULP*)  :-p)

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners...  :) #00015