[Empeg-general] Re: Ordering from The Netherlands, VAT?

Rob Voisey rob@empeg.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:40:00 GMT

_17,5 % VAT on the entire order is huge_

It's comparable with most EC countries (I believe the range is around 15% to 20%).  In other words, it's just the same tax you would have to pay if you bought a stereo from a local shop.

_What kind of company do you have to have to be able to provide your VAT number when purchasing the Empeg_

I don't mean to be facetious but you have to be the kind of company that has a VAT number.  If you don't know what that means, I would guess that you don't have one.

Regards

Rob