[Empeg-general] shuffling with duplicates

njallain@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org njallain@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:32:00 GMT

It's a "feature" of the empeg that when shuffle is on, all duplicates in a playlist are removed.  This is horrible for me, since, on my computer all my mp3s have a rating (1-10), and I can generate playlists that use the rating as a weight for how many times an mp3 appears in a playlist (I generate playlists of easily over 1000 songs).  After making a quick little utility to import the playlists into the empeg, discovered the feature that basically makes my whole rating system useless.  Is there a way to turn this off, or a work around that someone can think of?  Or do I need to submit a feature request.