[Empeg-general] Re: Update: Shipping to Alaska

Tony Fabris tfabris@jps.net
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 18:16:00 GMT

Cool! I knew that the folks at Adams' company read that message board. Here is their reply:

"Yes, there is a way around this. Quite simply, we can and will add Alaska to the shipping list for the services of Royal Air Mail only. There is an issue with the couriers as to which tariff certain areas within Alaska fall under. However, the exclusion was based on an old courier company that we used, we have since changed our shipping services so that we could offer better rates and more flexiblity and therefore apologies for misleading you (or your friend). We do still offer the UPS for the USA but not for Alaska, this is to do with our individual tariff which excludes certain areas. The site information regarding this subject will be amended and Alaska will be added to the list this afternoon (UK time) so that your friend can make his order.

Thank you for your comments and for drawing this matter to our attention.

Kind regards
Mary Ridout"

So, Doug, did you end up ordering it elsewhere?

<A HREF="http://www.jps.net/tfabris" target="_new">Tony Fabris</A>_