[Empeg-general] Re: Automatic MP3 identification & how to build it

Tony Fabris tfabris@jps.net
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:22:00 GMT

> I'm not a programmer, and I don't know why heck don't supply the program in a finished form!

I thought they did. Isn't that what the Personal Media Agent is? I don't know because I can't get the PMA to function from behind my firewall. :-)

> Also, you said you needed an "ID3 maintaining utility"? What is that? Does that mean you have to fill in the tags yourself even after they've been identified?

I think that's only if you're using it in command-line mode under Linux or if you're integrating their code into your own. Isn't the Personal Media Agent supposed to handle that?

<A HREF="http://www.jps.net/tfabris" target="_new">Tony Fabris</A>_