[Empeg-general] Re: Anand Reveiws MkII

Rob Voisey rob@empeg.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:38:00 GMT

Currently emplode seems to either love you or hate you.  Hopefully 1.01 will fix most of those problems, and 1.1 should do away with the rest (he says).

The only thing that niggled with me in the review was how much he hated the car mount.  That thing cost a fortune and is made to a FAR higher standard than any mainstream hardware I've seen.  It's 1mm stainless steel - punched, folded and welded.  The flimsy punched and crimped mounts from other manufacturers cost pennies to make and wouldn't last five minutes with a pull-out.

It would also have been nice if Anand had let me know he was doing a review.  Luckily his piece didn't really need fact checking, but I would have been able to tell him that we ordered anti-reflection coated (and scratch resistant) panels several weeks ago.  They should turn up in production sometime during October, and will be available to existing owners at a minimal cost.

Rob