[Empeg-general] Re: When is playlist sorting going to be fixed?

DiGNAN17@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org DiGNAN17@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:32:00 GMT

Basically, the playlists are listed alphabetically on the player so that you can use the buttons on the remote to advance through the letters quickly.  They might add an option as to how you want them sorted-emplode ordered or alpha ordered, but I think this way works much better.

For example, I've been listening to Led Zepplin non-stop lately.  Instead of pressing the arrow keys or next/prev buttons on the remote constantly in either direction until it gets to the L's, all I have to do is go into playlists and press the 5 button 3 times and I'm right there!

You should also know that the emplode order still applies during playback.  This is something I didn't know until I complained about not being able to order my albums chronologically.

So say that I have my Led Zepplin albums.  I currently have, in chrono order:
III
IV
Houses of the Holy
Physical Graffiti

But on the empeg it shows up as:
Houses of the Holy
III
IV
Physical Graffiti

But if I were to listen to play the whole Led Zepplin list, the albums would cycle in emplode-order, and therefore would start with III instead of Houses of the Holy.

Hope this helps.  The FAQ is very useful but I thought that until the info was up, I'd respond and not keep you waiting.

By the way, this really is, in my opinion, the best way to do it, but I can understand how people would want it differently.

DiGNAN  &:*)