[Empeg-general] Re: Pricing of the empeg

jwickis@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org jwickis@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 00:30:00 GMT

Perhaps I was a bit harsh but I hate to see another exotic become a mass produced generic hunk of metal. Believe it or not the eccentric nature of those cars are what made them special in their day. People don't want to drive a car anymore they just want to get from point A to point B, might as well ride a bus.
 Comparing the Jaguar with a Yugo is very much comparing apples to oranges, Yugo was a cheap made car from the start and never meant to be anything. The Jaguars were expensive to make using hand labor, and it showed. They couldn't survive because of that. I don't know about the new ones but I bet they are driven by people who don't what a boot or bonnet is and have barely went beyond just looking at the engine. Yes, those days are probably gone, just because it has the Jaguar badge don't assume it's the same cat, however mangled, inside.

What's really going to bake your noodle later on; is would've happen if I hadn't said anything?