[Empeg-general] OT: Don't bad mouth Jaguar!

Rob Voisey rob@empeg.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:38:00 GMT

_You could just as well be talking about a Jaguar of the 1980s!_

My 1985 Jaguar Sovereign was the best car I ever owned.  It was 12 years old when I got it, but I got a full service history and it hadn't needed any more work than I'd expect from any car.  I had it for 18 months and it didn't see a mechanic in that time.

There were two extra nice things about that car:

1. It was the last of the rounded series 3 models, which had so much character compared with the later square series 4 (thank god they reverted back to that shape recently)

2. It was originally owned by a chairman of NatWest Group, my employer at the time.  It was nice pulling onto the forecourt at work in a car with that kind of history!

It was the best car I ever owned, the most powerful and the most fun.  Unfortunately it was a little heavy to throw into bends in the wet, which is why I was it's final owner *sniff*

Rob

Strange but true fact: the tyre spec number for that Jag can be found somewhere in the StrongARM Linux kernel source.  Mike made a note of it for me when my tyre was slashed one time, didn't notice where he was typing it, and there it remains!