[Empeg-general] Re: Pricing of the empeg

alear@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org alear@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:27:00 GMT

I would like to add a few points to this discussion.

1) The empeg is actually competitively priced with other top end car stereos with unique features.  My Alpine with video capabilities has a price of $1200.  This is right inline with empegs pricing.

2) However, with this said we must remember that like my Alpine, all other car audio equipment is sold through dealers at a huge markup.  I think we should be happy that empeg doesn't sell through dealers because then the price would be $2000 for the base model for us consumers.  I don't ever want to see the empeg car in the hands of dealers.

I'd also like to add that it was a lot easier to hand over the money for the empeg than it was for the Alpine.

Alex Lear