[Empeg-general] Re: Me too

wvloon@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org wvloon@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 00:46:00 GMT

Well I found <A HREF="http://redrival.com/switch/mpegplus/" target="_new">http://redrival.com/switch/mpegplus/</A>

Tried it (wintel) with "Hate to love" from Shania Twain which resulted in _major_ artefacts at 128kb (since then I'm a LAMEr with VBR upto 256kbs).

With the std. options I still hear (very minor) artefacts (0:48+). When I use -VBRmode 2 it does seem to help but then the filesize is almost equal to my mp3's (and it's almost as slow as lame with the encoding).

This thing seems to be in development though so it could get better. Could also be i'm hearing ghost artefacts (it's getting late). I'm curious to hear what others think of it.

They just released the sourcecode of the decoder so it should be "easy" for the guys@empeg to build a binary  :-)

Walter
Reg:1934/Mk1:158-6Blue/Mk2:380-12Blue