[Empeg-general] Re: Still learning...

Paul Wayper paulway@earthling.net
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 23:17:00 GMT

Personally, I can't imagine where you get three or four hundred songs with little or no information in the filename.  When downloading from Napster (yes, I do it - so?) I pretty much always go back and rename the files by hand to fit my preferred convention of Artist - Title.  Applying a tag from filename editor from there would be easy.

I'd suggest you have a look into that song identification program mentioned in another thread.  After you use that to identify the songs and fill in the tags, you can use Tag Studio to rename the files.

Voila!  All organised.