[Empeg-general] Re: Phat Noise

yn0t_@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org yn0t_@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 17:21:00 GMT

Here is my official reaction:

"eh."

I actually think this will sell pretty well if it's marketed right.  It does what it says - it allows you to play MP3's on your existing head unit.  It's no Empeg, but then again nothing is.  The "late summer 2000" shipping date is curious, looking at my calendar shows summer ended a couple days ago.  Hmm...

It's nothing special.  The interface to it is your head unit's interface.  Limited to 99 playlists...  It looks llike the Chevy of car MP3 players, with the Aiwa and Kenwood units being the Yugos, and the Empeg, of course, being in the Ferrari/Jaguar/Rolls Royce category.  It plays MP3's with no frills.  I personally like the frills.  :)

---
MkII 080000554