[Empeg-general] Re: Big trouble with my empeg unit.

Paul Wayper paulway@earthling.net
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 23:52:00 GMT

I've just read through the posts on the MP3 BBS and I think Rob and Hugo deserve all praise for sticking it out on that site.  The people are not exactly clueless, but they're just used to sticking their opinions down other people's throats regardless of proof or experience.  Here on this BBS we also have a network of people who know about the empeg and can speak from their own experience; there, people with empegs are in the minority.  We do get the occasional opinionated person that wants to flame and diss with impunity, but here there are more people to put them in their place - some (e.g. Tony with HWD) actually meet them in person and resolve the differences.

I maintain that all those people who think that the empeg is overpriced and just a toy should be given ten minutes with the remote control selecting songs.  Then they should go back to their Kenwoods and Aiwas and try to do the same thing.  Instant conversion.

I think the denizens of the MP3 BBS are typical newbies.

Paul

P.S. Anyone have a copy of "Singularity" by Brainchild that's not the Symmetry C mix?  I'm listening to it in the second half of Paul Oakenfold's Ibiza 25/07/1999 Essential Mix set at volume almost loud enough to make my speakers distort and it's brought tears of joy to my eyes.