[Empeg-general] Re: Charges for duty and tax

Rob Voisey rob@empeg.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 23:01:00 GMT

I would point out that this is a tiny fraction of what just about everyone else in the world has to pay in duty - including our UK clients, who have to pay 17.5% sales tax.  I was amazed we found a way to get the car player into the US at zero duty and I would encourage you not to dig TOO deep - I'd hate to provoke some suited wonder at Memphis into running a tariff check and deciding this is just another car stereo (subject to duty).

Keep in mind that you haven't even paid state or federal sales tax on a $1200+ item - in most states you would pay more for this product if you bought it from a store than you've paid to ship it over from the UK.

Rob