[Empeg-general] Re: Big trouble with my empeg unit.

Andy Fox Bagpuss@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:37:00 GMT

No problems with the crimping on the sled connector here, and I've inserted and removed the sled at least five times now.

I can also vouch for the company who make the harnesses for Empeg, as they were the same guys who helped me make the adapter to connect the Empeg to the wiring loom in my TT. Their technical guy was extremely knowledgeable and helpful, and always responded to my voicemails and e-mails within minutes of me leaving them. The resulting adapter was also of top notch quality.

I did suffer one small problem with my Empeg, but this was caused by rough handling on the part of FedEx, and not any fault of Empeg's. When I reported the issue to Rob, I was given the choice of returning my Empeg by courier, or calling in to Empeg. Given that I don't live too far away, I called in to Empeg, where Hugo repaired the problem on the spot.

When I think about the relatively small size of Empeg as a company, I am constantly astounded at the quality of the product they have produced, and also at the outstanding level of after sales support.

There are many much larger and well established companies who would do well to take a leaf out of Empeg's book when it comes to looking after the customer.

Andy.