[Empeg-general] Re: the colors

Andy Fox Bagpuss@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:57:00 GMT

I originally went for the red faceplate so that it would match the illumination in my TT. Now I have changed to blue, as the red is simply not bright enough in daylight to be easily seen. This is not an AR issue, but a simple optics issue. The red colour of the face just doesn't allow enough of the green light from the display to pass through. Short of changing the display to emit light from closer to the red end of the spectrum, there is nothing that can be done about this.

Also, the red colour is actually closer to orange in actual use. It more closely matches the colour of BMW instruments that it does the Audi.

I have gladly traded the colour match for readability and contrast.

Andy.