[Empeg-general] System Memory - Song Selections

avatarTX@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org avatarTX@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:57:00 GMT

I don't really know where to post this question, so General Forum, here I am.

As I understand it, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, the empeg player selects a song it will play and stores the MP3 into its 12 megs of memory.  It also selects 2 or 3 additional songs for future play when the first one is finished.  This keeps the hard drives from spinning constantly, thus helping extend their lifespan.

My question is if the empeg player has 12 megs of onboard memory, and I have one MP3 file that is 13 megs in size (Arlo Guthrie - Alice's Restaurant) then will it ever play that selection?  Having never looked inside one (I am still in the queue) is the memory upgradable with standard 72 pin or 128 pin memory SIMM/DIMMS - why not take it to 64M or 128M like a lot of home computers have, and store an entire block of songs..

Thanks for the insight..