[Empeg-general] Re: Speaking of Large MP3 Files

Tony Fabris tfabris@jps.net
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:03:00 GMT

> is there any ripping software that will let me create the one large MP3 file I am wanting?

Yes, almost all rippers allow this. In most rippers, the start/end points for each track are just "defaults" that you can modify yourself if you want. Just tell it to rip only track 1, then modify the endpoint of that track so it coincides with the end of the album side.

In the case of AudioCatalyst, I think you can get to the track-length-modification boxes by doubleclicking on the track name.

Lately I've been using Easy CD Creator 4 to do my ripping, and it has a little box marked "Merge continuous tracks as a single file" that I haven't tried yet. I wonder how it works.

<A HREF="http://www.jps.net/tfabris" target="_new">Tony Fabris</A>_