[Empeg-general] Re: Kernel/Logo Download Issue

Tony Fabris tfabris@jps.net
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:57:00 GMT

I know this one. I'll go add it to the FAQ after replying to it here.

I think there may be something wrong with the way I compiled that download.exe that I linked in the FAQ. Sometimes it doesn't work correctly on my NT box. The "read 0 bytes" means that the COM port isn't responding the way the program expects it to.

If it says "read 0 bytes", do not plug the power into the Empeg. Instead, ctrl-C out of the download program. Either reboot the computer and try again from a fresh boot, or run Hyperterminal and connect to the empeg then disconnect. After that, it should work (at least it did for me).

<A HREF="http://www.jps.net/tfabris" target="_new">Tony Fabris</A>_