[Empeg-general] Re: Cambridge UK, hot bed of MP3 bits and peices

Tony Fabris tfabris@jps.net
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:22:00 GMT

> BTW- Do both the Dell and the S3 boxes have ethernet? It would be most irritating to have to add an HPNA NIC for one device.

Or better yet, if the box has both, could the HPNA adapter on the box work as a pass-through? For instance, a phone wire coming from the wall could go into the receiver's HPNA port, then an ethernet crossover cable from the receiver's 10baseT port could plug into a laptop in the living room?

See, my home-office is wired for ethernet, but the rest of the house isn't. If that thing could work as a pass-through, I could have ethernet in the living room without having to get an HPNA adapter for the laptop...

Okay, yes, this is a really crazy off-the-wall idea. I was just wondering if it would work...

<A HREF="http://www.jps.net/tfabris" target="_new">Tony Fabris</A>_