[Empeg-general] Re: Connecting via ethernet (help)

morrisdl@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org morrisdl@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 20:36:00 GMT

In reply to: I have bought a 10/100MBit Ethernet card to hopefully speed things up a little in communicating with my EMPEG. However, I feel the manual is rather lacking in this department. I'm a fairly capable kind of guy (i.e. have set up databases for allocating MAC address on units at work) so I'm not totally clueless about these things but this has got me stumped.It looks like you already got some sound advice here - but one site I find particularly helpful when the jargon get over my head is <A HREF="http://www.whatis.com" target="_new">http://www.whatis.com</A>.  It is an encyclopedia of geek-speak terms.  It is by no means as cool as the empeg site, but I find it helpful from time to time.

A word of caution, Ethernet seems to spread like a virus.  Its just your empeg and desktop today, but before you know it you will have the hole house wired and be converting linen closest in wiring closets  :-)

Good luck with your adventures in networking...

-Doug
(Mk2-12G-Blue)