[Empeg-general] Re: TCP/IP for busy people

avatarTX@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org avatarTX@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 00:08:00 GMT

Thanks for this info - I was going to ask anyways as my position in the queue is rapidly approaching.  My main concern is the ethernet cable.. I have some straight through cables and wondered if they needed to be crossovers or not.

I do not have a hub but may want to invest in a small cheapie.. I already have ethernet set up and working on my home computer as I have a DSL line.  No dial up modems for me!

With a hub, I won't have to disconnect my DSL at all.  I can just plug my empeg in to the hub.

Now that I think about it, I bet the ethernet cable from my DSL modem to my ethernet card is a cross over cable.. cool!  I may already have one!

Either way I will post once I receive my player and let the rest of you know in case it will help someone else.