[Empeg-general] Re: Empeg Lockups: try this

yn0t_@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org yn0t_ at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:25:00 GMT

Eh... I dunno, I agree that that the 2.0 betas coincided with a massive increase in the population, but we had a pretty large sample size to begin with during the 1.x series, and I don't think there were *ever* any reports of any sort of lockups of this nature.  That was a long period of time, too...  However, the other possibilities you mention (higher frequency of FIQs, changes in various timings/processes, etc) are all quite plausible.  I'm 100% in favor of any effort to try to fix this problem, and this sounds promising.  The lockups and the buggy info mode setting are the only two things that make running 2.0b11 painful for me, so solving this problem would be a huge win.