[Empeg-general] Empeg Lockups: Hijack v222

mlord@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org mlord at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:54:00 GMT

Okay, Hijack v222 is out.
 slightly improved "lockup messages".  These now say stuck jiffies 5 or unstuck jiffies 8.  The numbers will change, but they provide important information.  Please report them here if you ever see either of these messages.
 the Reboot Machine menu item now remounts all drives read-only before rebooting.  This has been missing for a while, and I finally remembered to implement it.  The remote "REBOOT" command (FTP,HTTP,/proc) has had this since day-1.
 the bugfix for the jiffies reset is not included yet, but it will be in v223 later on.  I suspect this will fix nearly all player lockups, but we'd like to collect a little more data first.

Upcoming features (sometime in March'2000):
 ir_translate capability for Sony Stalk (this one's been simmering for a while, as I'm still not 100% sure how to present it, and have been distracted by the barbarians pounding on the gates).
 The jiffies bugfix
 Tuner ID detection at power-on, plus a menu extension to make use of it for AC/DC override.

-ml