[Empeg-general] Re: Internal Database Storage

Tony Fabris tfabris at jps.net
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:27:00 GMT

Is it true that the internal database of tracks looks at the tag data

The internal database does not look at the tag data. Emplode gets its information from the tag when the file is first dropped onto emplode and ignores it after that.

what the software perceives a new track on the basis of Artist - Title (Is Artist used?)?

I believe it uses more criteria than that, including the file size. In order to be considered a duplicate (and therefore skipped), it has to reside in the same folder, have the same title/artist/source/year/genre/comment, and be the same file size. Not completely certain about that... Roger?

It appears to me there is no distinction as to Album or Source from the tag data.

"Album" and "Source" are synonymous terms. "Source" is more accurate because the song could have come from a greatest hits collection or a movie soundtrack disc.