[Empeg-general] Re: Integer OGG libraries available!

wfaulk@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org wfaulk at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 23:15:00 GMT

I just prodded the guy to get his source.  And I don't mean to belittle his efforts, but they're very Cygwin-specific, and I don't have a Cygwin environment set up.  Does anyone have a Cygwin running and compiling for the empeg?  I think that it should be pretty simple to get ogg123 running, just to test the speed, etc.  I got the reference ogg123 running (albeit very slowly) with little problem, and the source he's given looks to be replacements for source files in that, so it ought to work.

Sorry about following up on this in General, BTW.  If you have anything more to say than just ``I do'', please let's take this over to Programming.

Edit:  Hmmm.  Nevermind.  I just got back in contact with him and it turns out that it's not a pseudo-patch to the reference sources, but a replacement set of sources linked directly in.  That is, he had an application that used the reference Ogg Vorbis  API and he replaced it with his new playback implementation.  Maybe I can get it to work with ogg123 directly without needing the libraries at all.

Regardless, no Cygwin help needed right now....