[Empeg-general] Re: Integer OGG libraries available!

wfaulk@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org wfaulk at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 04:14:00 GMT

In case anyone wants to know, I got the libVorbis decoder_example program running on my empeg.  It just takes an Ogg Vorbis file as input and puts out a raw PCM file.  No output through the empeg itself.  Two problems:  (1) There's something wrong and it sounds like the volume is being doubled somewhere.  Very loud and horrible clipping.  This is likely to be a simple bug somewhere and easy to fix.  (2) The decoding takes 99% of the length of the file to occur.  That is, the 2:45 track I used took about 2:43.  And the load was at 0.99 (I ran it three times in a row, redirecting all output to /dev/null, and then checked /proc/loadavg).  And that was at the command prompt with nothing else going on.  So there's going to need to be more tweaking, most likely.  I'd guess that this isn't going to happen as soon as we'd like.