[Empeg-general] Starting audio... baaaaaah!

Narin@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org Narin at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 17:46:00 GMT

I have been stricken with the "starting audio..." lockup.  every now and then (and almost every time I switch to AUX-IN), the player will crash, and when it reboots it crashes again on "starting audio..." and takes a lot of restarts to get it back.

I saw a couple other threads about this, but they all kind of died...

I emailed support, and they said to downgrade to 1.03 and try it, and hey, that fixed it, but now I don't get all the features of 2.0b11...

I don't think support will fix it unless it happens under 1.03.

I suspect it may have something to do with polling the aux-in to render visuals...I tried turning off visuals but no help...what else can I do!!

-nick