[Empeg-general] Ethernet Hell - help

Alabama@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org Alabama at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:27:00 GMT

I am trying to set up the Ethernet connection to my new rio 10gb player

I have looked at some help pages here and have followed their advice in particular.....

http://empeg.comms.net/php/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=empeg_general&Number=57535&Search=true&Forum=empeg_general&Words=default%20gateway&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=57530

I can ping both PC and player IP sucessfully but cannot get Emplode to connect.

Here is my set up

Win 98 Gold ( ie not SE version )
Ethernet crossover cable ( works between win 98 and 2000 machines on Netbui,  I disconnected to attached win 98 to Rio)

Kingston 10/100 NIC

Rio 10 gb running 1.03 and emplode is 1.03
I have also saved a session on the Hyperterminal program ( attached )

I can successfully use USB but want to try Ver 2.X software and firmware which as far as I can fgather requires Ethernet connection

Thanks,

Al