[Empeg-general] Can't FTP to the Empeg

Decca@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org Decca at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 20:28:00 GMT

Hi Guys

I'm connected to the Empeg via ftp with the hijack kernel. I want to back up some files to it, 'cos it's a half-empty 60gb.

 I can see lots of folders, but I don't know my way around linux, and it all looks rather strange. I expected to see the two drives as "devices", but it looks like a flat folder hierarchy. Are drive0 and drive1 "aliases" for drives?

Anyway, my attempt at creating folders fails miserably - some sort of privilege problem? Do I need to create folders from the linux shell itself, or am I ftp-connecting inappropriately, perhaps?

..and where should I put my folders that is safe?