[Empeg-general] JEmplode confused: "Inconsistency in playlist ..."

tms13@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org tms13 at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 12:26:00 GMT

I appear to have got my JEmplode terminally confused.

It started when I was accidentally using emptool behind its back.  When I realised, I reverted Jemplode's changes, but now I get a message every time I connect (pic attached).  It reads "Inconsistency in playlist database.  pos = 7098 but buffer.length = 7140" When I acknowledge this, it rebuilds the player database, then displays the message again, along with "&lt;n< errors in database - check Unattached Items".  After the second time, I'm in JEmplode, but all my recently-added tunes are in the wrong playlists.  Unattached Items is empty.

emptool shows everything in its correct playlist.  I removed a couple of orphaned playlists (by deleting the files from /drive0/fids/ and rebuilding with emptool) and still JEmplode fails.

I tried both the official (20020213) and alpha (20020304) versions of JE; no difference?

What can I do to mend JEmplode?