[Empeg-general] Re: Ethernet Hell - help

potts@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org potts at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:40:00 GMT

I too have Win 98 Gold and only got Ethernet working last week. On a similar post it mentioned that the Ethernet card has it's own IP address and the Rio Car must be in that number range. With no cables plugged into your card, run winipcfg, select the card in the drop down and click 'Renew'. After a short while, the card's IP address and Subnet mask should appear. Mine are 169.254.158.131 and 255.255.0.0 respectively. Enter these into emplode with the Empeg's IP address +1 (e.g. 169.254.158.132) and leave the gateway blank. Directly connect your crossover cable and hit refresh in Emplode. If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll detail all my Ethernet card settings. For me, ethernet is loads faster than USB. Good luck.