[Empeg-general] best optical drive for extraction with EAC?

nikko@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org nikko at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 22:24:00 GMT

After many struggles with my current cd drive, I've decided I'm just going to get another one, mainly for the purpose of extracting my large music collection.  I use Exact Audio Copy for extraction and am looking for feedback on which cd drive does the best (quality and speed) job with EAC.  I'd prefer just a cd-rom rather than getting a cd-rw, but I'll go with whatever you guys recommend.  Currently I'm getting about 3x extraction speeds, so I'd be looking to double that performance to make it worth my while.