[Empeg-general] Re: Equally weighted artists? Here's how.

hybrid8@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org hybrid8 at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 03:38:00 GMT

Oh, I thought your whole purpose of creating the equal weighting was to avoid the clustering.  I may try this when I have more time to follow your detailed instructions (thanks again BTW).  With JEmplode it sounds easy/painless enough to do.

As an aside...
I have all my top-level lists set to randomize, but as soon as the player gets down one sub-list, it goes in order.  I should report this as a bug...  I have Artists A-L, Artists M-Z, Compilations and Downloads lists.  In each one of those I then have artist and album lists.  All the top lists have the random property (and so do the artist lists).  When I play the whole player randomly however, it will pick one of the 4 main lists at random, but will then play the first artist and the first album within the chosen list (ie. the random setting for those lists isn't honoured).

Hmmm..  I just checked my player and it appears for some reason all the random properties are now OFF for some reason.  Very odd.  I just fixed everything up and will test this again.  If I'm lucky it's working and we can just ignore what I wrote above.

EDIT:  Woohoo!  Seems to be working.  Don't know why it didn't when I last tried it.  But now that I think about it, that could have been back with 1.03.  Of course I still have to install Jemplode to help me make other lists by dragging from the soup views...  (Tony, this inability in emplode has already been flagged as a bug, right? Or at least some feature that should have a way to over-ride or modify the bahaviour of?)

Bruno