[Empeg-general] Re: Re-programming volume controls!

Tony Fabris tfabris at jps.net
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 19:34:00 GMT

The front/rear fader option is deliberately removed from the in-home menu because of me.

Yes, it's my fault.

Early in the software's development, I was playing with my sound settings in the car. I was fading front to rear and adjusting my amplifiers. When I was done, I brought the player into the house and panicked when it didn't make any sound out of the home stereo.

The reason it didn't make any sound out of the home stereo is that I had it faded all the way to one direction, and it was the opposite direction of the home outputs (whichever direction that is). So I posted this big panic message about how my player's audio outputs had quit working and now my precious player is hosed.

Then I figured out what had happened and sheepishly posted a retraction.

They don't want that happening to anyone else, so they now lock the fader in the center when it's on AC power, and hide those menu options.

If you wish for the IR translations to work only in the car, precede them with an ;@DC command. Like this:

[ir_translate]
;@DC KnobLeft=knob.n,knob.n,knob.n,knob.n,knob.n,knobleft.u
;@DC KnobRight=knob.n,knob.n,knob.n,knob.n,knob.n,knobright.u

At least I think that's how it will work. Let us know if it doesn't.