[Empeg-general] Hijack questions & yes, I've already tried the FAQ

Steve v-stever at microsoft.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 20:34:00 GMT

I've got a few questions about Hijack that I couldn't find in the FAQ.  I'm running 2.0-b11 and v199 of Hijack

1.  I know that Hijack is up to v 232.  To upgrade, do I have to remove the old one or anything?

2.  I can connect to my RioCar with IE by going to http://riocarIP.  I've only looked at the playlists because I don't know much about the rest of the files.  I can play my songs and playlist fine but I can't stream.  What software do I need on my desktop to be able to stream audio?  Also, can the player stream one song while playing another?

3.  How secure is it while it's on the network?  I know it has an ftp server as well but can anyone mess up the files?  When I connected to it via FTP, I used an anonymous connection and I couldn't write any files.  Do I need to worry about an administrator or root password?  I'd like to be able to give some coworkers the IP so they can listen to music from it but I don't trust them if it's vulnerble.

Thanks for your help.