[Empeg-general] Re: Hijack questions & yes, I've already tried the FAQ

mlord@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org mlord at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 22:33:00 GMT

For security, I recommend that everybody on a vulnerable LAN (pretty much anything where others have access) use the following config.ini settings with Hijack:
[hijack]
;@WORK disable_emplode=1
;@WORK kftpd_password=N0h4cK3rz
;@WORK khttpd_files=0
;@WORK khttpd_commands=0In addition, if you want a static IP at home, and dynamic IP at work, use something similar to the following:
[Network]
Gateway=10.0.0.1
Netmask=255.0.0.0
IPAddress=10.0.0.8
;@WORK DHCP=1
;@HOME DHCP=0
DHCP=0Once you place these lines (either or both sets) into config.ini and reboot the player, the Hijack menu will have a Home/Work Location menu item, which allows selecting which group of settings to use (the default is ;@HOME).

The above stuff should probably be copied into the FAQ..

Cheers