[Empeg-general] Re: LAME Users. I've discoverd the best encoding rate

SE_Sport_Driver@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org SE_Sport_Driver at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:29:00 GMT

Do a search on r3mix and you will find a lot of post on this board.  Word has it that the 3.91 version of LAME that was released this winter has a newer --alt preset -standard that is a little better.  Basically, the r3mix guy hasn't been updating his stuff in awhile.  Whoever did the --all preset-standard was more involved in 3.91 IIRC.   Basically, I don't think that you will notice the difference, but you may want to look into it depending on what version of LAME you are running.