[Empeg-general] My cool new hard-sided case (w/pics)

jpjj@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org jpjj at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 17:59:00 GMT

I went to Ritz camera the other day to look for a nice small soft-sided case for my new Riocar.  I found the Quantaray soft-sided cases that were mentioned on this board but I also found a very nice little hard-sided case for about the same money.

They had about 5 of them in stock and it was $29.99

I don't remember seeing this case on the board so I thought I would take some pics of it for you.

And here is a link to a pic and description of it on

www.Ritzcamera.com

The foam block (which is 1.5" tall) has pre-perforated cuts in it making it easy to trim out the space you need with scissors.  As you can see I chose to trim them all out making the player fit right up against the left edge.  I may use some light glue and maybe a strip of plastic to firm up the strip of foam to the right of the player.  There's still room for remote, power cord, Rca cord, etc.

It could stand to be about a half inch or so deeper as the back sled socket just about touches the back but I think it's great and it looks pretty cool.  No "man-bag" look to this bag.  On the other hand, somebody might think it's a handgun or something. ;-)

jp