[Empeg-general] No. California Owners Meet Poll

amaximow@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org amaximow at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 23:56:00 GMT

As many of you are aware we are planning an Empeg/Rio Car owners meet in the San Francisco Bay Area on Saturday May 25 (Memorial Day weekend).  Last year we had about 50 people attend, but this year we estimate at least 100 people since the number of Empeg users increased dramatically and the largest concentration of users is located right here in the Bay Area.  We've been looking for a suitable restaurant that could accommodate a large group both inside for food and drinks, and outside with ample parking for everyone to show off their Empeg installs.

We have few options and the optimal location seems to be the  Fault Line Brewing Co.  located near Lawrence Expressway exit off Rt 101 in Sunnyvale.  Let me list some of the advantages:
- For a little extra $$ we have the restaurant + bar + parking entirely to ourselves for 5 hours.
- Great food.
- Easily accessible location.
- And most important of all the price includes  unlimited   microbrew beer !!

Other places like the Tied House, Beach Chalet, Moss Beach Distillery, etc have some sort of limitations: too small, no guaranteed parking,  competing with their normal restaurant business and would have limited time to meet.

I have some pricing options from Faultline and would like to take a poll first to get an idea of how many people can attend, and second which option people are most interested in.   For the Faultline to be a viable option we need at least 100 people to attend.  The prices include tax & gratuity.  I personally recommend options #1 or #2 because it gives us a lot of flexibility to accomodate a lot of people and virtually guarantees a great time, good eats, and drinks had by all!!

No. California owners meet @ The Faultline Brewing Co pricing options.
#1) Deluxe buffet w/ appetizer,entree*,dessert + unlimited beer/house wine/sodas/coffee @ $75/head]
#2) Deluxe buffet w/ appetizer,entree* + unlimited beer/house wine/sodas/coffee @ $70/head**
#3) Deluxe buffet w/ entree* + unlimited beer/house wine/sodas/coffee @ $64/head**
#4) Plate lunch w/ caesar salad, chicken or steak entree + unlimited beer-only/sodas/coffee @ $55/head
#5) Faultline is way too expensive, but I would consider a different location w/ significant limitations @ $40-50/head

* Deluxe entree includes caesar salad, + side of veg/rice pilaf or mashed potatoes/veg, + pasta w/ choice of sauce + 2 entrees (either chicken, seabass, steak)
** dessert can be added to buffet for extra $4/head.

--Andrew